In this educational supplement, sponsored by Boston Scientific, Cardiovascular News explores the use of transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI), including latest developments in techniques and approaches.
- Lars Søndergaard charts the evolution of TAVI and considers patient tailored TAVI to optimise outcomes and efficiency
- Oliver Husser discusses how transcatheter heart valve selection may aid a reduction in pacemaker rates after TAVI
- Nicolas van Mieghem discusses how its low pacemaker rate makes ACURATE neo an attractive device to use in early discharge setting
- Michel Noutsias and Stefan Toggweiler present case experience using the ACURATE neo
- Georg Goliasch, Christian Hengstenberg and Julia Mascherbauer share details of TAVI in a patient with horizontal aortic root, using cerebral protection
Note: This supplement is not intended for distribution in France, Japan and USA.