St Jude Medical has announced the new executive leadership team that incoming president and chief executive officer Michael T Rousseau has chosen to lead the organisation, effective from 1 January 2016.
“This is a remarkable team with a diverse set of experiences and a proven track record that will allow us to continue to transform and diversify the way we develop medical technologies in order to improve the care for patients around the world,” Rousseau said. “Over the past several years, our executive team has made significant contributions to the business and shares in the excitement of the future of St Jude Medical.”
The executive leadership team will include a new structure intended to drive organisational effectiveness and maximise the depth of experience of St Jude Medical leaders. No changes, other than one addition, will be made to the current roster of St Jude Medical executive officers. The following officers will report to Rousseau, as of 1 January 2016:
- Paul Bae will continue to serve as vice president, Human Resources and chief compliance officer.
- Phil Ebeling will become vice president, chief technology officer, assuming responsibility for the global research and development and regulatory functions. In this capacity, Ebeling will become an executive officer of St Jude Medical.
- Rachel Ellingson will become vice president, corporate strategy, continuing oversight of global communications and expanding her responsibilities to include business development and merger and acquisition integration.
- Eric Fain, group president, will continue to have oversight of the company’s clinical function and will assume responsibility for the global sales and marketing organisations. Aligning the company’s clinical organisation with global sales and marketing under Fain’s leadership will expand next-generation market development opportunities for St Jude Medical. Executive leaders directly responsible for global sales, marketing, market development and clinical programmes will report to Fain.
- Scott Thome will continue to serve as vice president, Global Operations.
- Jason Zellers will continue to serve as vice president, General Counsel, but will also assume executive responsibility for the company’s quality organisation.
- Don Zurbay will continue to serve as vice president, chief financial officer, but will also assume executive responsibility for investor relations as well as the company’s information technology function.