Centurion Medical Products has launched its “smART” kit for radial arterial catheterisation onto the market. According to a press release, the kit positively impacts hospital arterial line placement protocols and budgets by decreasing procedure preparation time, eliminating wasted materials, and advancing innovation that may reduce infection risk.
The press release reports that the the smART Kit includes everything a clinician needs for placing an arterial line:
- Exclusive adjustable armboard for quick wrist positioning replaces rolled towels and tape
- New dual-perforated fenestrated drape creates a maximal barrier while reducing the risk of accidentally disrupting the line
- Centurion radial arterial line with removable guidewire and DualFlash technology rapidly confirms flashback and helps avert transfixing the artery
- ClearShield sterile saline syringe included inside the kit prevents possible field contamination from the introduction of a non-sterile flush
- Centurion’s patented SorbaView shield securement dressing secures the line and preserves the site.
Tom Archipley, president of chief executive officer of Centurion Medical Products, comments: “Our most effective products are the direct result of collaboration with doctors and nurses, and the smART kit is a perfect example of that. Over the past few years, during discussions with key customers, many mentioned kits for radial arterial lines. There were a handful of stock kits on the market, but very few had everything a clinician needed to prep the patient and place and secure the line, from start to finish. We listened to what they said and simply developed a smarter kit.”